10 January 2014

DIY Necklace + Earring Board


I recently made myself a new jewelry display piece. Okaaaaaaay, so I got some help from my momma and dad too. Gotta give them credit! I wish I’d made a video or taken pictures of the process, but I didn’t think of that ‘til after the fact. Ooooops! So hopefully these steps and photos will make sense. Steps after the jump!


Step 1: Find a frame. It can be any size, any color, whatever you wish. I found mine from a thrift store, so it was super affordable. Take out all the components so that all you have is the frame.

Step 2: Get a piece of pegboard and cut it (or have your dad do it, like I did! Haha!) to fit inside the frame.


Step 3: Go to the craft store and find some burlap, and wrap the front of the pegboard with it.

Step 4: If you want this to be only for necklaces, then skip this step. I was lucky enough to find a filigree wreath hanger that I cut, bent, and distorted for my earring section, but other options could be a strip of lace, a wire, or even some ribbon.


Step 5: After placing the wire/ribbon/etc, attach the burlap pegboard inside the frame using glue. 


Step 6: This is the fun part! Pick out knobs! Make them all different, get all the same, get different knobs shapes and sizes in all one color, do whatever you want! Then using thumbtacks, figure out where you want all of your knobs to be.


Step 7: Once you’re satisfied with the placement, poke a hole in the burlap through the peg where you want each knob, and push the knob through the burlap. Screw the nut back onto the back of the knob and tighten all the way. Continue ‘til all the knobs are secure.

Step 8: Now, you need to cut down the back of the knobs so that the board will lay flat against the wall. My dad used a dremal to do this. 


Step 9: Hang it on the wall.


Step 10: Add your jewels and enjoy!!


Without a video or step by step pictures, it makes it a little complicated to follow along, so please feel free to reach out to me with questions!


XO, Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment